QUALITY AND POINT OF CARE Jobs – American Hospital Careers 2023
The quality and Point of Care Testing (POCT) Technologist is responsible for the day-to-day quality control and assessment activities of the laboratory & POCT activities, including accreditation preparations, and assisting the laboratory manager in his/her duties to ensure the laboratory’s protocols ongoing compliance to CAP and JCIA standards, information management, communication, safety, quality management and daily bench requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Quality Management : QUALITY AND POINT OF CARE Jobs
- Monitors daily and routine quality control activities and processes
- Oversees laboratory safety processes, training and assess compliance through audits and investigations
- Assist laboratory manager in data collection and analysis for quality indicators or KPIs
- Responsible for the PT coordination, shipments follow up, sample distribution and evaluation review and follow up.
- Assist in Reference laboratories evaluation and quality monitoring.
- Oversee Blood collection areas’ quality of service and monitor customer satisfaction
- Monitor the calibration and validation of testing procedures
- Regularly monitor QC and maintenance records and documents
- Assist laboratory manager in document control and management.
- The Quality and POCT technologist will attend to any query, concern, or complaint raised towards any of the services covered within any of the areas involved.
Point Of Care Testing (POCT): QUALITY AND POINT OF CARE Jobs
- Coordinate and provide practical training on POCT issues as required and in coordination with Clinical Education
- Supervise and coordinate all users of POCT services.
- Lead in the development of a coordinated training policy for all POCT users
- To be responsible for all enquiries relating to POCT, including policies, incidents, training and education, requests for new equipment.
- To report to the Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Director on all issues relating to POCT as required.
- To establish and report all relevant information to a POCT Committee/taskforce with input from all POCT users, Medical, Nursing, Patient.
- To liaise and support clinical areas in their use of POCT devices.
- To advise the Consultant and Director level the requirements and financial cost of POCT equipment.
- To discuss POCT issues in meetings within the laboratory both at general and Team Lead level as well as Risk management, Quality management, audit and clinical governance as required.
- To be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of a POCT database to include SOP’s, training records, analyzer logs and records of incidents pertaining to service provision.
- To be responsible for the processing of statistics and POCT KPIs for use within the laboratory
REQUIREMENTS : QUALITY AND POINT OF CARE Jobs
- BSc in Medical Laboratory Technology/ Medical Laboratory Science or Biomedical Science
- Curren t/ Valid DHA License or Eligibility Letter
- Minimum of one year experience post qualification in related field
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of laboratory and general computer applications is preferred.
- General knowledge of core laboratory sections
- Knowledge of Accreditation Practices (e.g., CAP, JCI)
*NOTE : Only shortlisted applicant will get contacted